What's your motto?


My friend MW did this fun little piece on mottos, and I thought it would make a nice lighthearted Friday post. What's your motto?


Fashion


(everyday): Cotton- the fabric of our lives


Definitely a T-shirt/ sneakers kind of gal.

(work): Suit up!


There's just one thing you can't refute: nothing suits me like a suit.

(when I want to make an impression): FIERCE


Yep.  Just another night on the town.


Travel


Miles to go before I sleep


My little horse must think it queer to stop without a farmhouse near.


Life


Live life with an open hand

This really is my life motto and has become a bit of a recurring theme here on the blog.


Growing Up


Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!


 Miss Frizzle knows her stuff.


Flirting



Honesty is the best policy, but policy...it's more like a guideline, anyway.

Flirting is this weird middle-ground between being "mysterious" without being too distant, being funny without being too weird, being open without over-sharing, and being "natural" while pretending you're not uber self-conscious and wanting to take back that thing you said five seconds ago.  Needless to say, I'm rather awful at it.


But if I have this playing in the background, my flirting becomes 400X more epic.


Relationships


See “growing up.” j/k!

I had to think about this for awhile, but expanding on something a friend once told me, I've settled on this:
1) God knows what we need.
2) God knows when we'll need it.
3) God will give us what we need when we need it.
4) Therefore:
Whatever I don't have at a particular moment, I don't need (and will wait on God's timing.)
Granted, this logic isn't watertight, but as a general rule, it's not a bad starting place.


Marriage


Drawing closer together by drawing closer to Christ together

OK, so maybe this sounds like it should be on a throw pillow you can buy at the Christian bookstore.  At least if law school doesn't work out for me, I can always apply for a job at Precious Moments.


Ain't that adorable?