Conform no longer to this world, but be transformed by wearing aprons






Photographer: pbody of flickr under CC2.0

For any of my real-life friends wondering how my 7-month church search is going:
"Oh, you are getting a professional degree?  I stay home and homeschool my kids.  The Bible tells us to."

I have nothing wrong against people who feel called to homeschool their kids.  I think it's great that they are so involved in their kids' lives, and it is an excellent way to shelter your kids from being exposed to certain types of temptation and various doctrines at an early age.  Homeschooling does what it is supposed to.  My old prayer partner and the sweetest person I know was homeschooled.

Totally OK with homeschooling!  Totally NOT OK with adding things to the Bible that aren't there and expecting others to do the same.  If you feel it is sin, it is sin to you.  If the Bible is silent, and you don't feel it is sin, then it is freedom in Christ.  It is for freedom that you have been set free.