Psalm 16


Panic.  Sheer panic is the emotion flooding through me when I think about my schedule this week.

"Preserve me O God, for in you I take refuge."  This prayer speaks so powerfully to me right now.  If I took refuge in my success, or the volume of my work output, or even mere competency- I would be left without refuge.  I have nothing, and am nothing.  And that's OK.  Because I am loved.

I have no good apart from God...but I have God.  What a powerful, encouraging truth!  When I run after my idols, I will fail.  I will neither attain them, nor will they satisfy.  My sorrows multiply and the panic sets in.

But when I run after God, I shall not want.  He restores my soul.  I am led and cared for and loved.  He has chosen my cup, and it overflows.  I feast, and am satisfied.  I will not be shaken because I stand on Christ, the solid rock.  My heart is glad because He is the joy of my salvation.