Random Thoughts


I don't really have a cohesive post today, but instead I'll share some of the things I've been thinking about.

1) A lot of people rely on me for prayer for very important things. Others have always been faithful to pray for me, but do I return the favor? And as I expand my "circle," I add more people and more relationships to my life. I am truly blessed to be in community again, but that also carries with it the responsibility to minister to others.

2) Unexpected/ unplanned conversations with people are fun and beneficial.

3) A word of wisdom or encouragement can come from any number of sources. (See #2)

4) It's easy to become paralyzed when overwhelmed. The trick is to start somewhere. Then keep going. I didn't know how to study for one of my classes, but I started with the first issue and worked my way from there. I showed my professor this morning, and he was really impressed with my work. I didn't start off planning to make something fantastically amazing, but if I didn't start, the opportunity for "fantastically amazing" would never have come.

5) The flip side of #4 is sometimes we need breathers. The trick is to have productive breathers that are actually relaxing instead of just vegging in front of the TV or computer and then feeling guilty afterwards. Last night, I finished my reading for class and then decided to take the rest of the evening off, guilt-free. I sat down with a Dorothy Sayers book and was rewarded.

6) I'm fairly certain the "perfect man" is British. And fictional. (See Dorothy Sayers in #5)