6:30 Wakeup Call


Sorry for no post on Monday.  I've been traveling between my old place and my new place and thinking about a lot.  I have some post ideas, but they're too complicated for a simple webcomic.  Or maybe I'm not good enough to condense them.  Or maybe it's because I woke up at 6:30 this morning screaming in pain.  (But wait, that's not a TS symptom!  Yes, I know.)  All I know is that for some reason my body decided to have a severe eczema attack at 6:30 in the morning.  My hypothesis is that since my TS medication  had a built-in anti-histamine, my body may have gotten used to it, and now that I'm off the medication, my skin is hyper-sensitive or something.  (Well, I never said it was a good hypothesis.)  My skin has been on fire, and it legitimately hurts.  I took a couple benedryl to help with the symptoms.  Doctors say that the anti-histamine will calm the itching, but really, all it does is to knock you out for the worst of it- not that I'm complaining.  I fell asleep and woke up naturally...at 1:30 pm.  So now my skin is messed up, and so is my sleep schedule.

The thing about all this is that it pisses me off.  Screaming in pain because your skin itches has got to be the lamest thing ever.  You might see a TV show that has someone with Asperger's (Parenthood), or a TV show with a character who has TS (there's one people keep telling me about, but I forget the name), or even someone with severe OCD (Monk, Glee).  But eczema?  That's just dumb.  I just have lots of random medical issues.  None of them are particularly terrible or life-threatening.  It just gets horribly annoying after awhile.

Nothing particularly spiritual or insightful today; just a bit of moping and honesty on my part.  But I really am thankful for all the medical issues I don't have, even if I'm not quite at the point where I am thankful for the ones I do have.  Medical issues aside, I need to remember that I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places and have received the Spirit as a seal of my inheritance as a son and coheir with Christ in the Kingdom.  That's something worth smiling about, at the very least :)